Which Hoover carpet cleaner is the best?
Many homeowners have to deal with carpet cleaning in their homes. Unlike hard floors, it’s hard to tell when your carpet is dirty enough to need a good cleaning. Instead of waiting for your carpet to be visibly dirty, grab a Hoover carpet cleaner and give it a scrub once in a while.
The best Hoover carpet cleaner is the Hoover Power Scrub Elite Pet Upright Carpet Cleaner. It has all the features and power at a great price.
What to know before buying a Hoover carpet cleaner
Types of Hoover Carpet Cleaners
There are two types of Hoover carpet cleaners: upright cleaners and spot cleaners.
- Right the cleaners look like regular vacuum cleaners and you use them the same way. These are best for those who need to deep clean a large area.
- Place The cleaners are lightweight and designed to clean small spots or hard-to-reach areas, like stairs. However, spot cleaners aren’t as powerful as uprights, and they don’t deal with old messes as well.
Manual versus automatic
Some Hoover carpet cleaners require the user to trigger cleaning, while others have automatic activation.
- Manual cleaners usually have triggers in the handle. Simply squeeze the trigger to mix the cleaning solution and water and inject it into your carpet. When you release the trigger, the suction of the cleaner is activated.
- Automatique cleaners use various systems to determine when injection and suction are needed. For example, a model injects when pushed forward and sucks when pulled back.
What to Look for in a Quality Hoover Carpet Cleaner
When shopping for a Hoover carpet cleaner, consider the number of tanks it has and its capacity.
- Number: The best Hoover carpet cleaners have two tanks instead of one, allowing you to separate clean water from dirty water. This increases the quality of your cleaning and is easier to use.
- Ability: It is important to have a carpet cleaner that allows you to clean quite comfortably even when the tanks are full. These have tanks that take into account both the weight of the cleaner and the weight of a full tank. The total tank size is usually between 0.5 and 1.25 gallons.
Cord and Hose Length
Consider the length of your power cord and hose before purchasing a Hoover carpet cleaner.
- String: Find a cleaner with a long power cord, so there’s no problem reaching anything. Aim for a cord of at least 15 feet.
- Pipe: The right hose length depends on your cleaning needs. For example, you might want a short hose for a spot cleaner so it’s easier to move and store. The average hose is about 5 feet long.
Most Hoover carpet cleaners have rolling brushes in the main body of an upright and at the end of the hoses. Look for carpet cleaners with electric brushes that rotate automatically, allowing you to get a deep clean with less effort.
How much you can expect to spend on a Hoover carpet cleaner
Hoover carpet cleaners typically cost between $100 and $300. Basic spot cleaners and uprights generally cost $150 or less, with the most powerful uprights starting around $200.
Hoover Carpet Cleaner FAQ
Can I use a Hoover Carpet Cleaner on non-carpeted surfaces?
A. It depends on the model. Most Hoover carpet cleaners should only be used on carpets and other fabrics, but some may offer modes for linoleum or tile etc. You should never use a carpet cleaner on hardwood flooring.
How often should I clean my carpets?
A. It depends on the foot traffic and spills your mats see. If all goes well, you shouldn’t need to clean your carpets more than two or three times a year. If you have pets or children, it’s best to clean them every one to three months. However, you should clean up any large spills or dark spots as soon as possible.
What is the best Hoover carpet cleaner to buy?
Best Hoover Carpet Cleaner
Hoover Power Scrub Elite Pet Upright Carpet Cleaner
What do you want to know: This cleaner has several features, making it easy to clean everything on your carpet.
What you will love: Modes include a Quick Clean mode with a 45-minute dry time and a Deep Clean mode that can remove deep stains and dirt. It uses heated air to reduce your drying time in any mode and a two-tank system to separate your clean and dirty water.
What you should consider: When the water tank is full, it can be quite heavy. He also has trouble cleaning the stairs.
Or buy: Sold by Amazon, Chewy, Home Depot, Kohl’s and Wayfair
Best Hoover Carpet Cleaner for the Money
Hoover Spotless Carpet & Upholstery Handheld Cleaner
What do you want to know: If you like to clean up spills as soon as they happen, try this spot cleaner.
What you will love: It’s lightweight at just 9 pounds, making it easy to move around as needed. The hose is long enough to reach tight nooks and crannies, and there’s an automatic hose flushing system to prepare it for storage.
What you should consider: You can’t clean an entire room, even a small one, unless you have hours to spare. A few customers found the instructions too complex.
Or buy: Sold by Amazon, Home Depot, Kohl’s and Wayfair
Worth checking out
Hoover Smartwash Automatic Carpet Cleaner
What do you want to know: It’s one of Hoover’s most powerful carpet cleaners, designed for those with kids and pets.
What you will love: It uses a triggerless design and automatically switches between wash and heat dry as you push forward and backward. It comes with a storage mat, two-in-one pet tool, 12-foot hose, accessory bag, and sample bottle of cleaning solution.
What you should consider: A few users have had issues with leaks if the cleaning tanks were not completely emptied and dried before storing.
Or buy: Sold by Amazon, Home Depot and Kohl’s
Do you want to buy the best products at the best prices? Check out the daily deals from BestReviews.
Sign up here to receive the weekly BestReviews newsletter for helpful tips on new products and great deals.
Jordan C. Woika writes for BestReviews. BestReviews has helped millions of consumers simplify their buying decisions, saving them time and money.
Copyright 2022 BestReviews, a Nexstar company. All rights reserved.