One of the main areas that people want to upgrade and change in their home is storage. We never have enough, and what we have is not designed to its full potential. In 2021, international brand Komandor saw a huge increase in homeowners turning their smallest bedroom into a spacious walk-in closet – and in Ireland it was awkward storage. Using the small spare bedroom as a walk-in closet creates more space in your bedroom, keeps you organized and makes storing laundry easier. The clothes you own are right in front of you, making it much easier to put together looks.
Sliding wardrobes are ideal for bedroom alcoves – as bespoke design and installation specialists, Komandor creates a functional space to suit you, your home and your lifestyle.
Renovating is obviously daunting. Here are some tips and tricks to make it easier for you.
• First, make a list of improvements (small or large) that you would like to make to your home.
• Do any of these improvements require planning permission? On that note, also consider permission from neighbors. – let them know in advance that you are starting renovations.
• Get quotes. If a company offers a free design service, like Komandor does, make an appointment. Have the professionals measure and even design something, so you can see what the finished design will look like. This will give you a realistic quote rather than an estimate.
• Don’t just look at price, look at quality, timelessness and service. When you work with experts in the field, you have access to their wealth of knowledge and years of experience. They can advise you on the best use of space, materials and design.
• Don’t just have Pinterest folders and screenshots of what you like. Print the photos, cut them out of magazines. Buy an A4 sketchbook and create a moodboard for each room.
• Add bullet points of whatever you want from this piece. If you want the living room to be super comfy, then that modern structured sofa you love might not be practical – alternatively, a scatter back sofa in similar fabric colors might be perfect.
• Bring photos or videos of the room to show furniture store staff to give them an idea of your room.
• Don’t be afraid to take your Mood Book to the showrooms with you and ask if they have anything similar in store.
• When bringing home samples of fabric, paint, wood, tile, carpet or flooring, be sure to view them in natural and artificial light before making your decision. Also look at them in different parts of the room.
• Ask for advice in each showroom. The staff have been trained and come through every day with the products and know their product and stock.
To receive a quote for a custom walk-in closet, sliding door wardrobes or storage, book your free design consultation with Komandor today.
Komandor’s design service covers everything from a two-door sliding wardrobe to designing from floor plans of a new construction/renovation.
To book your design consultation email [email protected] or call 091 766674.