Illustrator and model Monica Ahononu with her new collection for Ruggable.
Los Angeles – Ruggable’s latest collaboration aims to break the mold of traditional home decor.
The washable rug brand has teamed up with an artist, an illustrator and a model Monica Ahanonu to create a collection of indoor and outdoor rugs. Recognized as a leader in the digital space for black artists, she has created artwork for Vanity Fair, The New York Times, MTV, Shea Moisture, Adidas, Sprite, and Salvatore Ferragamo, among others.
The Ruggable X Monica Ahanonu Collection is now available for purchase on www.ruggable.com in the US, UK and Germany with prices starting at $109 (USD). It includes eight parts:
- The Monica Ahanonu Mango Multicolor rug is inspired by the smooth, curvy shapes of mangoes in a palette of neon chartreuse, pastel blue, orange-red, hot pink and plum.
- The Monica Ahanonu Mango Sunny Pink rug features a unique collection of shapes in soft pink, sunny yellow and cobalt blue.
- The Monica Ahanonu Mango Desert Sage offers a collection of shapes in sage green, terracotta and cream.
- The Monica Ahanonu Pineapple Rug mimics the lines found on the exterior of a pineapple in an eclectic mix of colors including cream, chocolate, strawberry pink, cerulean blue and orange.
- The Monica Ahanonu Celery Multicolor rug echoes the ridges and lines seen after cutting a piece of celery, rendering them in a mix of cream, chocolate, hot pink, cerulean blue and orange.
- The Monica Ahanonu Celery Sage Area Rug features a blend of ombre colors including dark hunter green, sage and cream.
- The Monica Ahanonu Carrot Sunrise rug has a palette of copper, terracotta, summer orange, rose gold, dark chocolate and mocha.
- The Monica Ahanonu Carrot Midnight features copper, terracotta, summer orange, rose gold, dark chocolate, and mocha colors.
“Her signature style, bold color combinations and celebration of the diversity of beauty are inspiring and we are honored to welcome her incredible talents to our Ruggable lineup,” said Jeneva Bell, Founder and President of Ruggable.
Ahanonu said she looked into the details of nature and thought about how color in a space could affect people’s energy throughout the day when designing the collection.
“I truly believe that color and light affect your mood and how you experience your day and I hope our rug collection brings happiness to the Ruggable community,” she added.
In conjunction with the launch of the collection, Ruggable will donate to Project Glowthe non-profit association whose mission is to strengthen the self-confidence of adolescent girls.
Jonathan Adler teams up with Ruggable for a collection of washable rugs
Home Textiles Today is the market leading brand spanning the home and textile markets, offering a comprehensive set of print and online products. Home Textiles Today provides industry news, product trends and introductions, exclusive industry research, consumer data, store operations solutions, trade show news and more Again.